    compiled application with no web components. It will make use of datagrids.

    Beyond generics, what advantages does 2.0 offer over 1.1 in general and
    specific to Table development?

    Jonathan Marston, Jan 3, 2006

  2. An unnecessarily complex deployment scenario. :)

    I love .NET 2.0 and VS.NET 2005, but the reality is, specifically for
    tablets, there is no advantage to 2.0. Overall, it's a much better framework
    and development environment but there is nothing tablet-specific in 2.0.

    The disadvantage however, is that the complicated ink dll disaster makes it
    a pain to distribute applications built on .net 2.0 at this time. Users have
    to download and install an ink dll patch that cannot be redistributed via a
    merge module in your application's setup. Without this patch, several
    features are broken when running under the 2.0 CLR.

    Hope this helps. In the future you should post to the
    m.p.w.tabletpc.developer group where there was a thread not too long ago
    where me and Bernd Helzer from Agilix aired our grievances in true festivus
    fashion.

    Josh Einstein, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Jonathan Marston

    Chris H. Guest

    To get answers from the Microsoft folks who monitor such things and know the
    direction the development is headed, you should post to the
    microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer newsgroup, Jonathan. There is
    also additional on the Tablet developer web site:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/tabletpc/default.aspx

    Chris H., Jan 3, 2006
  4. Jonathan Marston

    Jason Tsang Guest

    When will we see a display of the feats of strength? <g>

    Jason Tsang, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Programmers can't fight. :)

    Josh Einstein, Jan 3, 2006
  6. Thanks for the answers, I have a couple more questions and will post them to
    the suggested group instead

    Jon Marston

    Jonathan Marston, Jan 3, 2006
  7. Jonathan Marston

    Chris H. Guest

    Good luck with your ventures. There is a lot of information, including
    contacts on the URL I previously posted, beside posting to the other
    newsgroup.

    Chris H., Jan 3, 2006