advice for getting a copy of entire website onto mac

Discussion in 'Apple' started by pheonix1t, Jun 4, 2007.

  1. pheonix1t

    pheonix1t Guest

    hello,
    I've been using windows and macs for several years now.
    Internet explorer has a nice feature where you can set it to sync a
    website (the whole thing) so you can view it when you're offline.

    How can I do this with safari or firefox? I've looked in the help
    section for both and I don't see this.

    I need this to get a list of members from a chamber of commerce in a
    foreign country. I've already asked the chamber for a book or list of
    members with all the contact info but they don't offer this. The
    website is the only way.

    All I want to do is have a copy of the website so I can view the
    member's info for marketing purposes (sales calls).

    Thanks,

    Oskar

    pheonix1t, Jun 4, 2007

  2. Michael Vilain, Jun 4, 2007

  3. pheonix1t

    Jon Guest

    Jon, Jun 4, 2007
  4. pheonix1t

    Hans Aberg Guest

    This (and a lot of other things) can be done with the UNIX program 'wget':
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wget

    Hans Aberg

    Hans Aberg, Jun 4, 2007