    ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe (not voltage modded yet!)
    P4C3.0@3.6
    1Gb Corsair Dual Channel TwinX PC4000 CL2

    Stuart Gibson, May 8, 2004

  2. Stuart Gibson

    Lee Guest

    Battery acid?

    Lee, May 8, 2004

  3. Stuart Gibson

    atwifa Guest

    if my dealings with outdoor freshwater ponds has any bearing on this, i'd
    say lemon juice or some other mild acid would do the trick: algae seem to
    be fond of hard (alkaline) water conditions. it can't hurt to try

    atwifa, May 8, 2004
  4. Stuart Gibson

    atwifa Guest

    or, in fact, some extract of barley-straw. i have bought this in
    proprietory form as "Alg-Away" - your local pet/fish/pond supply store
    should be able to point you to an equivalent

    atwifa, May 8, 2004
  5. Stuart Gibson

    AvengerĀ© Guest

    I've found the best to be an anti algae agent sold by aquarium shops.
    If it's safe for a fish tank, it's safe for a water cooled rig.

    HTH

    AvengerĀ©, May 8, 2004
  6. Stuart Gibson

    Andrew Guest

    I just find it funny with all the thought gone into water cooling they
    failed to think of the algae thing.
    But I guess they are going on the concept of Auto rads and the temps that
    kill off any living things.

    Andrew, May 9, 2004
  7. Stuart Gibson

    Phil Weldon Guest

    Well, if none of the water cooling circuit is transparent, then that pretty
    well eliminates algae! But other stuff can grow and form films that will
    reduce the heat transfer. If some of the water circuit is copper, that
    should help, maybe enough by itself. Of course, demineralised, sterile
    water to start is a big plus.

    --
    Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
    For communication,

    Phil Weldon, May 9, 2004
  8. Stuart Gibson

    buggy Guest

    demineralised water with long lasting anti-fungal agent found at any
    waterbed shop. :)

    buggy, May 9, 2004
  9. I'll have to keep what every one has said so far, I just have plain well
    water in here at the time, and on a big resavar.
    In short, my resavar is just a cleaned out Ice Cream bucket.
    One Gallon, and a Quart, hooked up to the fill valves of the water cooler.
    I might put longer tubes on this system somday, I'm wanting a Fish Tank,
    and am thinking about using
    my fishtank as a big resavar.
    Water going to PC, After the FishTanks filter, so it's filtered water. Into
    fishtank
    anywhere, as long as the tube is under water, I'm thinking is a good way to
    do this.

    My CPU's Temps? Room temp, if room temps go up, the temps will stay the same
    for a while.
    At least till the water gets warmer, I did this cause I live in an upstairs
    room that's hard to cool.
    So @ least my water will keep one temp for a little while.
    Fish type, Fresh Water.
    Fancy = yes.
    Fantails & other = yes.

    Denny. :) "Back to old modo" Always with a smile, even when times are bad.

    dennis e strausser jr, May 12, 2004
  10. Hi,

    As for running the water intake from the fishtank, I think that it would be
    a very bad idea. Even tanks with the best filters still miss particles of
    gunk, and over time, that would build up into a nice slimy coating on the
    inside of your cooling tubes.

    HTH,

    MC

    Moderately Confused, May 13, 2004
  11. Ok, I'll keep it in mind, there are some extra filters you can get, some
    just for water coolers.
    Some gunk might be ok, as long as it's not too hard on the water pump, I
    might just go for it.
    Then just clean out my water cooler as needed.

    Denny. :) Always with a smile, even when times are bad.

    dennis e strausser jr, May 13, 2004
  12. The slime build up starts to cause friction after a while, slowing down
    water flow. I'll try to get a picture of the pipes in my pond and show you.
    I suppose it wouldn't get too bad though, if you cleaned the tubes every
    other week.

    M C

    Moderately Confused, May 13, 2004
  13. Yeah, I ended up ordering Soyo P41845PE v1.0 with a two year warantee. I
    read some reviews on it and a lot of positive things were said about it. It
    seems that I can get a pretty good overclock out of it too. It also fits my
    budget at the moment. I'll report back with some results when I get it and
    the 2.8 ghz chip.

    MC

    Moderately Confused, May 15, 2004
  14. Hey man, what had you decided on the MB you were looking at?
    Me just wonders.
    Denny.

    dennis e strausser jr, May 15, 2004
  15. Cool, I hope it goes well.
    I just put a P4 Xeon cooler on my 2200+ It's fan that is.
    My Athlon stays around 40C Idle, I was still running Sisoftware Sandra
    Burn-in test
    while writing this. 45.5C It didn't get any warmer.
    Me thinks that's doing good, but then, you would think so wouldn't you.
    With a Intel Xeon Wind Tunnal Fan. HSF setup is Antec.
    I took off the fan that was on the Heatsink and put the Xeon fan on it..
    Kind of cool, and is..
    Denny. :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, May 19, 2004