    Does anyone have any idea why this may be, and have any idea what i can
    do to recuperate the "missing" 9 Gbs? Any advice would be very
    appreciated -

    Milt, May 4, 2004

  2. Milt

    Mouse Guest

    Sounds moste likely to be a BIOS problem, meaning the BIOS cannot see
    any more than that, try to find a more recent version and update it,
    before doing so check what size HD the new one will support, might not
    be worth the job otherwise.

    Mouse, May 4, 2004

  3. Milt

    terry_b17 Guest

    hi,
    go to the hard disk makers website and look for an installation
    utility . you may need to install disk drive overlay software to
    enable the gateway to recognize all the drive . the installation
    program will also copy your original files to the new drive if you
    like .
    hope this helps,
    terry

    terry_b17, May 4, 2004
  4. Milt

    Milt Guest

    Thanks, terry, i'll check it out. (and thanks to Mouse for the bios
    suggestion)

    Milt, May 4, 2004