    will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
    do this part of the upgrade later!

    Stuart

    Stuart Rogers, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Stuart Rogers

    Paul Guest

    The chipset on the board support DDR266, DDR333, DDR400.
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/p4-series/comparison_p4-series.jsp

    If you download the manual, the memory can be set to [Auto], but
    also has manual options for the three above mentioned rates.
    The chipset claims to support asynchronous operation, so this
    should not be a problem. Just use the DDR333 you've got.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Stuart Rogers

    Fishman > Guest

    An unusual motherboard having both DDR2 & DDR memory slots.
    Should work ok if set to run asynchronously.

    Fishman >, Nov 1, 2006