    Any help will be appreciated,

    thanks ,

    M.Schneier

    M. Schneier, Dec 14, 2007

  2. M. Schneier

    M.I.5¾ Guest

    The hardest parts of your wish list will be the auto document feeder and the
    duplex printing - virtually everything else is standard.

    HP make several machines to which a duplex printing unit can be fitted as an
    accessory. ADF will be much harder to find in this type of unit.

    M.I.5¾, Dec 14, 2007

  3. M. Schneier

    sandy58 Guest

    Google

    sandy58, Dec 14, 2007
  4. M. Schneier

    peter Guest

    Have you looked at the new Kodak Printers?? excellent quality...inexpensive
    ink.
    peter

    peter, Dec 14, 2007
  5. M. Schneier

    Paul Guest

    242 to choose from here. Recommend watching how the cartridge lockin works.
    Some use an all-in-one ink cartridge, which is the most expensive way to manage
    ink. Some have individual cartridges, which is a more reasonable solution. At
    least one product, does a purge once a day, and after several months, it can
    drink all your ink without printing a single sheet. (Inkjets do need to be
    kept clean, but that isn't the way I'd want it done.)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=mfc&x=0&y=0

    The ones with the rock bottom pricing, expect them to make up for that in
    profits on ink.

    Once you identify a unit you can live with, shop around for best price
    (or even get it locally).

    Depending on print volume, at some point a color laser makes more sense.
    But then, you might be more restricted on what surfaces you can print on.

    Also, your print table could be a bit bigger. I did see a Lexmark that
    would fit, but the reason it fits, is the base is slim and the unit
    gets bigger as it goes up. Which means it would overhang the print table
    up top. The Lexmark used an all-in-one ink cartridge, so would be one
    of the less preferred ones.

    Have fun,
    Paul

    Paul, Dec 14, 2007
  6. M. Schneier

    peter Guest

  7. M. Schneier

    philo Guest

    Though I really recommend against an all-in one unit...here is a low priced
    one that works with Vista.
    I guess if it eventually dies, you will not have lost too much money

    http://www.amazon.com/Photosmart-C3180-Printer-Scanner-Copier/dp/B000FJLBU4

    philo, Dec 14, 2007
  8. M. Schneier

    jaster Guest

    If you're in the USA I recommend going to Staples, Office Depot,
    OfficeMax and looking at the PSC printers on sale. Almost any printer
    brand would have some printer to fit your needs, I've found that what
    makes the difference is the quality of the printing, cost of cartridges,
    type of ink used by the printer, number of cartridges used, and drivers
    available that work with the OS.

    You should start by Vista capable printers to make sure Vista has
    drivers for the all printer functions, then compare printer reviews for
    pages per cartridge, cost per cartridge, quality of print on various
    print media (CD cover, letters, glossy photo paper, etc.)

    jaster, Dec 15, 2007
  9. M. Schneier

    kony Guest

    Why should someone start by thinking about the OS?

    It seems pretty simple, that if the OS is such a factor, by
    default the OS should be rejected and then there is no cause
    for concern.

    Let's be practical, if an OS is not a means towards the end,
    it is pointless. Nobody should plan everything around the
    OS, rather the other way around, the OS should be picked
    based upon what it supports.

    kony, Dec 15, 2007
  10. M. Schneier

    Caleb Guest

    If you're in the USA I recommend going to Staples, Office Depot,
    That leaves Linux WAAAAY out in the cold then.

    Caleb, Dec 15, 2007
  11. M. Schneier

    CBFalconer Guest

    Except that in my experience, and in the general experience of most
    usenet users, modern Linuxae tend to just install and work. Unlike
    Windoze. When (and if) Linux fails there is usually adequate help
    available to solve the problem.

    There are also factors of cost, transferability, etc.

    CBFalconer, Dec 15, 2007
  12. M. Schneier

    Plato Guest

    You'll need a fax/modem that works with your printer

    Plato, Dec 20, 2007