    seconds?

    Thankyou in advance and
    Merry Christmas!

    Steven Fischer, Dec 24, 2006

  2. Steven Fischer

    mkdykstra Guest

    no upgrade for the 850 but i've seen the 1950 pros at bestbuy the last
    couple of weeks, a bit pricy at $300 though. you might try an nvidia
    card but i don't know what equate with an 850xt off the top of my head.

    mkdykstra, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Dammit , I may have to spend 800 cold ones on a graphics card and
    motherboard(asus)
    I really think that Ubi using the shad 3.0 tech on the games could be an
    error. Not everyone has capabilities to splurge on a rebuild especially this
    time of year.
    I will have to dump the agp sys sooner or later. With hope -alot later.

    Steven Fischer, Dec 25, 2006
  4. Steven Fischer

    Ed Medlin Guest

    Well, the 6800s and the X850s came out about the same time, so I would just
    hazzard a guess that they are fairly close in performance.

    Ed

    Ed Medlin, Dec 25, 2006
  5. Steven Fischer

    First of One Guest

    The X1950 Pro is already available in some places:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-137-SP

    Then there's the Gainward 7900GT on AGP. It's on par or better than the
    X1950 Pro. Note the price is about double of what PCIe 7900GTs go for:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-032-GW

    Several North American users in this newsgroup have successfully imported
    from OCUK without much fuss. I don't think they charge VAT for "overseas"
    sales, but shipping is in the $30 range.

    P.S. What was Ubisoft thinking, making SM 3.0 as a minimum requirement? This
    reminds of Delta Force 2, whose voxel engine was incompatible with 3dfx
    cards... The reason every iteration of Half Life has sold so well is
    partially because Valve conducts proper surveys and know what its customers
    actually have: http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

    First of One, Dec 25, 2006
  6. Well thanks for the imput from all , I have decided to take the plunge and
    get a board and card.
    I should be set for at least a month or two.......

    Steven Fischer, Dec 27, 2006