AGP slot power plug... ? KT333 Dragon Plus

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Hi_Ping, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Hi_Ping

    Hi_Ping Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a KT333 Dragon Plus. Just bought it, works great.

    One puzzler though:

    Right above the AGP slot there is a standard four prong plug (the male
    end) built into the motherboard. (Same plug that power supplies use to
    plug into your hard drive, etc.)

    What's it for? (I'm guessing it's for high powered video cards of some
    sort. That you plug in a lead from the power supply there - like with
    the old Voodoo 5 card.)

    It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the board's manual etc.

    Anyone know what it's for?

    Thanks in advance,

    Ping

    Hi_Ping, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Hi_Ping

    Jim B. Guest

    The plug your talking about is a power output for a AGP Pro video
    card. You do not connect a lead from your power supply to this
    connector. This is strickly for AGP Pro cards and should not be used
    for drawing power to any of the newer ATI or GeForce cards. These two
    cards need to be connected directly to your power supply.

    Jim

    Jim B., Feb 14, 2004