    Kev

    p.s. anyone any experience of this board which seems to do a lot for the
    money.

    Superkev, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Superkev

    New Question Guest

    I've been watching for news on the newest ABIT too, but have not seen much.
    My choices are down to AI7 and Max3. The Max3 is proven, but the AI7 is
    newer. No one seems to talk much about the AI7.

    New Question, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Superkev

    Graham H Guest

    Hi,
    I`m also keen on this Motherboard as i want to build a new PC.
    However, as yet i have`nt seen any Reviews on it so will wait a while to see
    what turns up.
    It does say `Prescott` ready but thats could well turn out to be a
    misconseption until the actual Chip is available.
    No such thing as Dual Channel Memory,
    It is a pair of Memory Modules that are run in Dual Channel mode.!!!!
    AFAIK from reading other posts most quality makes like Crucial/Corsair/
    Kingston etc should be fine and i think most are making matched pairs for
    dual channel operation. It depends on your needs like overclocking as to
    what you end up with.
    These look good for the price..........1GB (2x512MB) TwinMOS DDR 3200 Dual
    Channel Kit or Crucial PC3200. if you want to overclock then you can pay
    more than double the price for anything faster.

    Regards,
    Graham........

    Graham H, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Superkev

    Alex Delarge Guest

    I've been watching for news on the newest ABIT too, but have not seen
    Still no reviews. What's going on with this motherboard? Is it DOA or something?

    Alex Delarge, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Superkev

    TomG Guest

    Not DOA, I can say that for sure. maybe slipped a little in production or
    something...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 118,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    something?

    TomG, Nov 9, 2003
  6. Superkev

    Graham H Guest

    Seen this Board for sale but not in stock.
    Must be a delay somewhere, i would have thought a reviewer must have tested
    one before they were generally available.
    Maybe it will turn up in my Xmas stocking.!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Graham, (uk)....

    Graham H, Nov 10, 2003
  7. Superkev

    Alex Delarge Guest

    I went out and got one. The initial BIOS had a minor problem, but
    after flashing to the latest one the board has been working
    flawlessly. uGuru works as advertized, but the interface is barebones.
    With something as delicate as overclocking, it's silly not to have
    manual entry of the FSB, all uGuru has is an inaccurate mouse slider
    that never seems to set to even numbers. :^) If you're going to get an
    Abit board, I think this one may be an improvement over the IS7s,
    doesn't have any of the bugs those boards are known for AFAIK.

    Specs:

    P4 2.6b @ 3.0GHz, 150FSB (600MHz)
    GEil PC3500 Golden Dragon RAM @ CAS 2, 5-3-3
    Chaintech Geforce FX5900

    It can definitely overclock higher, the P4 is running 100% stable at
    ~30C at this speed with standard air cooling right now.

    Alex Delarge, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Superkev

    TomG Guest

    I have one of these too but have not gotten it set up quite yet. In
    addition to the uGuru, don't you still have access to the regular bios
    setups including SoftMenu 3?

    TomG, Nov 22, 2003
  9. Superkev

    drifter Guest

    you are better off using the BIOS menu for higher overclocking becos many
    2.6 can hit FSB250MHz w/o a sweat.

    I went out and got one. The initial BIOS had a minor problem, but
    after flashing to the latest one the board has been working
    flawlessly. uGuru works as advertized, but the interface is barebones.
    With something as delicate as overclocking, it's silly not to have
    manual entry of the FSB, all uGuru has is an inaccurate mouse slider
    that never seems to set to even numbers. :^) If you're going to get an
    Abit board, I think this one may be an improvement over the IS7s,
    doesn't have any of the bugs those boards are known for AFAIK.

    Specs:

    P4 2.6b @ 3.0GHz, 150FSB (600MHz)
    GEil PC3500 Golden Dragon RAM @ CAS 2, 5-3-3
    Chaintech Geforce FX5900

    It can definitely overclock higher, the P4 is running 100% stable at
    ~30C at this speed with standard air cooling right now.[/QUOTE]

    drifter, Nov 23, 2003
  10. Superkev

    Graham H Guest

    Ok,
    Read the reviews and seems like another good Abit board. One small gripe,
    its a shame about the placing of the floppy connector at the bottom of the
    pcb.
    As ive got a large Tower case and the only 3.5" slot for a floppy is at the
    very top, means a rather long untidy cable needed here.
    I think the IC7 layout is better.
    I`ve decided to wait till after Xmas to build my new PC so until then i`ll
    just keep an eye on what turns up.

    Happy days...!!!!!!!!

    Graham, (UK, i can see the Sea from where i be.!!)

    Graham H, Nov 27, 2003