    sometimes it reboots endlessly at same point. Sequence of codes upon boot
    is... 8.7. 0.3. 8.0. shutdown. Any help?

    eric

    Your name, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Your name

    TomG Guest

    you should have a video card installed as many system will halt on no video.
    I take it code 80 is not called out in the manual?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 120,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Your name

    eric Guest

    Does the same thing with or without vid card. No, unfortunately the code is
    not in the manual.

    eric

    eric, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Your name

    TomG Guest

    one thing I have always really disliked is for Abit to have these boot code
    readouts that are not published. why have the readout if no one knows what
    the code means?? okay, did you remember to connect *both* the ATX power
    connection and the AUX ATX (4-pin) connection? if the system won't boot
    still, then I'd try removing it from the case and seeing if there was a
    short by trying to boot it out of the case the same as you were when it was
    in the case... that is, no other connections or drive ribbons or anything
    except cpu, ram and video.

    TomG, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Your name

    eric Guest

    How exactly do you boot out of case? How do you trigger the power
    switch?

    eric

    eric, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Your name

    TomG Guest

    have the mobo on a safe (non-conductive) work surface and connect the power
    connections. have the video, ram and CPU/heat sink installed and then just
    manually short the two power on pins with anything conductive such as a
    screwdriver. the power on button is nothing more than a momentary switch
    making a connection between the two posts anyway.

    TomG, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Robert Denman, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Your name

    eric Guest

    Thanks, but I don't have a KB connected to it. Must be something else.

    eric

    eric, Dec 28, 2003
  9. Your name

    dnx Guest

    I would say that's your problem.
    Systems won't complete boot without a keyboard connected to motherboard
    unless you have bios setup to not halt on no keyboard.

    dnx, Dec 28, 2003
  10. Your name

    eric Guest

    Still no go. I wonder if it's time to get a RMA. Thanks for all your
    help btw. Any other suggestions? I have also tried another stick of RAM.

    eric

    eric, Dec 28, 2003
  11. Your name

    TomG Guest

    only other suggestions I would have is to have the CPU tested in another
    mobo or at a local computer store (*not* a national chain store) or have a
    known good CPU tested in your board.

    shy of that, I'd say an RMA is in order.

    TomG, Dec 28, 2003
  12. Your name

    TomG Guest

    I agree that this is certainly possible but in my experience, you at least
    got video and partial POST when it halted. I guess how far the POST goes is
    really going to depend on the mobo and bios, eh?

    TomG, Dec 28, 2003
  13. Your name

    eric Guest

    Everything else is known good so it's an RMA for me. Thanks for your help.

    eric

    eric, Dec 28, 2003
  14. Your name

    GTX_SlotCar Guest

    I have the same thing happening on 2 different SD7s. Abit tech told me to
    try it outside the case with the vid card and keyboard attached.

    GTX_SlotCar, Dec 29, 2003