    but do they? Everything else looks in perfect order. I had to pull the board
    and reinstall the other to connect to the newsgroup to post this question.
    Thanks for any help.

    LenBum, Jan 16, 2004

  2. LenBum

    TomG Guest

    the bios might have defaulted to having the CPU fan detection enabled and
    some fans are not seen by that detection circuit. you do not have to have
    the ram installed in pairs. did you clear the CMOS and then if the system
    will boot, go to the PC health section and disable CPU fan detection.

    also, if you cannot get booted then you may want to try a different CPU fan
    plugged into the mobo header. be sure you are using the correct header as
    well.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 120,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jan 17, 2004

  3. LenBum

    LenBum Guest

    Well I've tried everything and this board won't boot. I just tried with no
    fans, ati video card, 120gb WD Caviar HD, keyboard and one stick of memory.
    The post codes read in order 8.7, 0.3 and then 8.0 as it shuts off. I clear
    the cmos every time.

    LenBum, Jan 18, 2004
  4. LenBum

    LRB Guest

    I had same problem :)
    turn cpu fan monitoring in u-guru section of bios or in u-guru utility
    (low limit is set by default to 2400 rpm, and stock intel cpu fan on my 2.8c
    runs 2200 rpm --> pc goes off)

    HTH

    LRB, Jan 19, 2004
  5. LenBum

    LenBum Guest

    How can I do that when I can't get it to stay on for more than 10 seconds?

    LenBum, Jan 19, 2004
  6. LenBum

    TomG Guest

    do you have another CPU fan you can hook up and try?

    TomG, Jan 19, 2004
  7. LenBum

    LenBum Guest

    Yes I do.................I"ll try it. I already have the RMA # to return the
    board but won't pack it until tomorrow. What a pain in the ass.

    LenBum, Jan 19, 2004
  8. LenBum

    LenBum Guest

    Tried a different fan. Same results................

    LenBum, Jan 20, 2004
  9. LenBum

    TomG Guest

    RMA the board...

    TomG, Jan 21, 2004
  10. LenBum

    LenBum Guest

    The board is probably in Denver on it's way back to newegg.com in Ca. Thanks
    for helping

    LenBum, Jan 21, 2004