AIW 7500 cant do dual monitor or TV Tuner - not both

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ducky, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Ducky

    Ducky Guest

    With my AIW 7500 I can either have dual monotors or TV tuner but not
    both at the same time. This is XP in a P4 and the 2nd video card is
    the PCI VooDoo 3; the AIW is AGP.

    The setting that controls this is in the BIOS where I can specify
    either the AGP or the PCI card as the primary Adapter.
    I read smewhere that the AIW must be the primary video adapter and
    my experience is that if the AIW is not the primary then it will not
    be able to initialize the TV Tuner.

    I beleve is is Win XP Pro (but is could be the BIOS) that insists that
    the PCI card be the primary.

    Display properties also can set the primary adapter but this does not
    seem to have any effect on my problem - either way.

    Is this a known issue? Am I overlooking something? Does anyone know
    a workaround ?

    Thanks for any suggestions.

    Ducky, Nov 22, 2003