    Live. This works fine for both play and record. So why am I having
    recording problems with the AIW 7500?

    Enlightenment appreciated! Thanks

    nobody, Jan 30, 2004

  2. You may need to amplify the AUX port. Sometimes you can do this and
    sometimes not. So, I do not know if this will help. I had to do this to
    the microphone port on a laptop the other day.

    For XP. Go to Control Panel and select Sounds and Audio Devices. On the
    Audio tab in the Sound Recording area, click the Volume button. On the
    Option menu select Advanced Controls if it is not grayed out. This will add
    buttons to the bottom of the Volume controls. Clicking the Advanced button
    below the Line In (?) may yield a form with a check box to Boost the device.
    It is possible that you will not be able to boost it. My desktop sound card
    will not boost, but my laptop will.

    Todd Thompson, Jan 30, 2004