    Also how much hard disk space is needed to record 1/2 and 1 hour television
    broadcast?

    Thanks in advance.

    Chris Beaulieu, Jan 8, 2004

  2. 1. Compare 9000 v 9600
    Here's a link someone posted recently
    http://www.ixbt-labs.com/articles2/over2003/index.html#p5

    2. HDD space needed
    I'm running at about 3.7 Gb per hour recording at DVD quality MPEG2 352x576
    3.00M ps
    (Half an hour - would you believe 1.85 Gb?)

    Considering the low cost of HDD space now that is very good - using it as a
    real alternative to the VCR - much easier to find recorded programmes etc.

    And by using compression - TMPGEnc - can burn about 1hr 10Mins onto a CD in
    SVCD format (Nero)- though it takes a while to compress (2hrs 1800XP).

    The latest MMC 8.8 is now offering MPEG4 which may be more efficient but I
    haven't got it to work yet! (9000 PRO AIW on W98SE)

    HTH,
    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Jan 8, 2004