AIW 9700 Pro w/ TV-only -> Images "jitter"

Discussion in 'ATI' started by monk, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. monk

    monk Guest

    Hello all,

    This is annoying problem has just resurfaced; let me explain. This
    is an XP system that uses the S-Video connector to the TV. Back in June,
    when I first got the card, I noticed that while desktop windows & fonts
    were OK, any image, whether it was a background on the desktop, a rendered
    scene in a game, etc. would, for lack of better term, jitter. That is, it
    looked the the TV was constantly shifting back and forth, horizontally,
    over a few pixels.

    I called ATI, they had no idea.

    One day, I was playing around with the TV Display settings, hit the
    "default" button and the problem went away. I assumed I had made some
    adjustments. Anyhow, flash forward to last night when I uninstalled
    everything and upgraded to the 3.8 Cats and all the latest goo-ware from
    ATI. Lo and behold, the problem returned and now I can't get rid of it.
    It actually seems worse than before, and TVoD playback exhibits the same
    problem.

    My TV is a 2 year old 32" Sony Vega, if that matters.

    Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks

    monk, Oct 30, 2003