AIW 9800pro vs 9800pro?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Nobody's Hero, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Which one should I invest my money in? I'm moving from a GeoForce 2 MX 400.
    I want to get the most out of HL2 when it arrives.

    Nobody's Hero, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Nobody's Hero

    @ndrew Guest

    They are the same card except one has a tv tuner AIW 9800 Pro and one
    doesn't 9800 Pro.
    regards
    @ndrew

    @ndrew, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Nobody's Hero

    John Hall Guest

    Just get the pro if you have the money. The AIW includes TV capture, but if
    you don't plan on using it, don't waste your money. If you want to save
    some money, get a 9800 non pro. Very overclockable and identical to the pro
    except for default clock speed.

    JK

    John Hall, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Nobody's Hero

    ANTant Guest

    The cool part about AIW is its PVR. Think TiVo. This is a nice feature
    and I don't have to pay subscription. ;)

    --
    "No, I'd prefer a cooler WITHOUT an ant-door, thank you..." --unknown
    /\___/\
    | |o o| | E-mail: or
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )

    ANTant, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Nobody's Hero

    John Hall Guest

    Cool. Either one then for HL2. I loved HL. It was one of my all time
    favourites. Looking forward to HL2.

    JK

    John Hall, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Nobody's Hero

    Joe727 Guest

    Is the the @ndrew of Creative Labs TNT newsgroup fame?

    Joe

    Joe727, Sep 27, 2003
  7. Nobody's Hero

    @ndrew Guest

    It is o)
    regards
    @ndrew

    @ndrew, Sep 27, 2003
  8. Nobody's Hero

    Joe727 Guest

    Glad to hear from you - there's still some of the old gang on:
    creative.products.graphics_blaster.riva_tnt

    which is on Usenet.

    Hoist one for me.

    Joe

    Joe727, Sep 27, 2003
  9. Nobody's Hero

    Dave Guest

    Woohoo!!!!!!

    How you doing? (I probably won't see your reply until next weekend tho
    :-( )

    Dave.

    Dave, Sep 28, 2003