    Have I missed something when I did the install?

    Would appreciate any suggestions to solution this problem.

    Danny

    news.bt.co.uk, Dec 16, 2003

  2. news.bt.co.uk

    NDF Guest

    Have you installed the latest drivers for the card from ATI's website, I
    seem to recall something regarding the "SE" version of the 9800 requiring
    Catalyst 3.9 and above. You will also need the latest WDM drivers and
    Multimedia Software all of which is downloadable from www.ati.com .

    You can also try the Catalyst 3.10 drivers from www.guru3d.com .

    I am thinking of this card and would be very appreciative if you could give
    me some information on it, i.e., 2D Image Quality, 3DMark2001 @ 2003 results
    and overall functionality of the card.

    Cheers,

    NDF

    NDF, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Hi,
    maybe the problem is directx9b
    look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825116

    JoJo

    Johannes Tschebisch, Dec 16, 2003
  4. the 2d and 3d quality are execllent...... it has surpassed my expectaions
    and it softmods into a 9800 pro :)
    if your interested you can get on from overclockers.co.uk most (well 65 % )
    will mod into a full pro...

    3dmark 2001: 12,700
    3dmark03: 6,300
    first go , no tweaking

    news.bt.co.uk, Dec 16, 2003
  5. news.bt.co.uk

    NDF Guest

    Are these figures with or without the Softmod ?

    Cheers,

    NDF

    NDF, Dec 16, 2003