AIW Radeon 7500 64MB AGP has no video for TV tuner

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Robert Young, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Robert Young

    Robert Young Guest

    I have just built a new system and it went really well except I have no
    picture when I use the TV tuner of my Radeon 7500. I don't think it is a
    hardware issue since it supplies images for channel surf.

    My System:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VT600-L
    CPU: Athlon 2600+
    RAM: 512 DDR400
    OS: Windows XP Home SP1

    I have the CD that came with the board and has MMC version 8.1.

    I tried to upgrade the whole catalyst package to version 8.8, but I could
    not get back into XP after I installed it and I wound up using the system
    restore. So, I am back where I started.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Bob Young

    Robert Young, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Robert Young

    Gordon Grace Guest

    I have just built a new system and it went really well except I have no
    I have precisely the same problem with my All-In-Wonder 8500. This problem
    only started once I installed a later version of DirectX (9, I think). In
    addition to the channel-surf feature working fine, I can usually get a
    picture from a channel for half a second, before reverting to a black
    screen.

    Previous to the DirectX upgrade, things were working fine.

    Apparently, ATI & Microsoft are aware of the problem, and have made a patch
    available for download.

    http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4254.html
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q825116

    Running DirectX 9.0b, Catalyst 3.10, with the patch applied.

    Patch doesn't work for me, though...still have same problem.

    Gordon Grace, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Robert Young

    Elio Guest

    Same problem with ATI AIW 9000, DX9b, mmc 8.8,.... patch doesn't work.
    :-(((, this 'hotfix' is only to show "ATI WDM Tv Tuner" under winxp hardware
    device menu.
    Does anyone know how we can contact ATI support?

    Elio, Jan 31, 2004