    itself only deliver a resolution of 352x480, I heard. The
    DVD setting is at a resolution of 720x480(NTSC), 8m bit/S,
    and 48000khz, 16 bit stereo sound. Is that a waste?

    email, Aug 18, 2003

  2. email

    Shrivel Guest

    a bit of a waste...

    640x480 is about the max I'd go for

    even 512x384 should get all the resolution of cable.

    Shrivel, Aug 18, 2003

  3. email

    Chimera Guest

    Once you start capturing over about 480x360 for 4:3 AR, you not only are you
    capturing more information than a standard TV can playback anyway, you also
    end up with unnecessartily larger file sizes.
    If you're capruting for PC playback, then 640x480 is probably about right,
    although people do tend to go max resolution possible.
    For SVCDs, I use 480x360, which even after cropping & resizing, is much
    faster to process than higher resolutions, and the TV playback quality is
    often better than something captured at 768x576.

    Chimera, Aug 18, 2003
  4. email

    sdfsdf Guest

    Should I capture cable tv in mpeg 2 or avi? Do you know any
    websites that provide more information on these two formats?

    sdfsdf, Aug 18, 2003
  5. email

    The Cybrow Guest

    Try this link: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/