AK31 ver3.1 Sound Problems. Assistance, Please!

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Fozzibab, May 23, 2004.

  1. Fozzibab

    Fozzibab Guest

    Howdy.

    I'm working on a friend's system here, and we're having some
    perplexing problems getting this Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card to work.
    We have already disabled the integrated sound (VIA OnChip PCI
    Device>ACR7Audio) through the BIOS, and we are still experiencing
    problems. The system doesn't detect any audio hardware at all. It sees
    the hardware fine, but it doesn't detect the hardware and enebale
    playback for music, videos, and other media. This was happening before
    we put in the PCI Sound Blaster Live!, and despite having the onboard
    sound disabled, continues to occur. Does anyone have any idea how this
    might be corrected? We've been struggling for hours attempting to
    manually disable the integrated sound through the device manager, with
    no luck of course, so if anyone knows how to correct this I'd
    appreciate the help.

    Thanks

    Fozzibab, May 23, 2004

  2. I guess this will be a silly question but...............
    Are the drivers loaded for the SoundBlaster?

    Please do a breakdown of your system so more info is there for us to see!
    ;-)
    --
    later,
    dave

    my system:
    AK32VN v3.1 (set J2 jumper so CPU reads 2400+)
    AMD XP 2400 with cooler fan
    1 x 256 Centon ddr 266MHz PC2100
    1 x 256 Kingston ddr 266MHz PC2100
    Antec case (new Antec True Power 430 Watt Power Supply)
    NEW WD 40 gig Hard Drive
    Diamond Stealth 540III AGP 32MB
    XP Home

    dave AKA vwdoc1, May 23, 2004