    I have a Shuttle AK31 socketA motherboard that I have been running about 3
    years now. What is the fastest Athlon processor that I can use with this
    board? I'm running a 1.74GHz now.

    Herb, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Herb

    Ranger_Rick Guest

    CPU Support: Socket A CPU
    AMD Duron CPU with 200 / 266MHz FSB
    AMD Athlon CPU with 200 / 266MHz FSB

    Front Side Bus
    Including 100/103/105/110/112/120/124/133/140/150 MHz

    Multiplier
    From x5 to x 12.5 by hardware jumper

    I'll add that you can "use" any AMD chip designed for a Socket A
    motherboard. You might not be able to get full use of it's potential,
    for example, a Barton XP3200. But then again you could upgrade later to
    a nF2 Socket A board and you could use the full potential of the Barton
    (or other CPU). Or just go all out and get an AMD64 with appropriate
    motherboard, but I suspect you're working on a budget so that's a bit
    extreme.

    Ranger_Rick, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Thanks Rick, I'll probly wait and go all out with a new motherboard...

    Herb

    Herb, Aug 4, 2005