    cpu but their test is with an outdated bios version .

    Thank you

    Guy

    Guy, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Your AK33 will definitely take any 200MHz Athlon/Duron. (Up to 1.4GHz
    on the Athlon (Thunderbird) and 1.3GHz on the Duron (Spitfire/Morgan))
    The 1.4GHz Duron is an Applebred core 266MHz part, which may or may not
    work, see below.

    Because of the AK33's age, AOpen has probably not tested newer
    processors. That does not mean they will not work.

    With a little experimentation you may be able run much faster parts.
    The folks in the Abit forum have done a lot of work into extending the
    life of the similar Apollo KT133-based KT7 line. Check out Wes Newell's
    site for tips and multiplier cross references -

    (I had a KT7 with an AthlonXP 2100+ and a KT7E with a 1700+. btw)

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Guy

    Guy Guest

    Thank you Michael, I will check it out.