    stable at 144,(1877 mhz) the bios says the memory is at 333 but the
    fsb is at 266.
    Thanks for any help

    Curt, May 13, 2004

  2. Curt

    Mark McKagan Guest

    Get a new MOBO to match the CPU. Your MOBO supports a 133mhz FSB. That can't
    be increased because your MOBO chipset won't support it. Although your
    latest BIOS supports the 3000+, it doesn't mean it will run it at the
    2173mhz. It simply means that the BIOS recognizes and will accept this
    particular AMD (Barton core) chip.

    You have the right chip (3000+ running 166mhx FSB), the right memory (PC2700
    for a 166mhz FSB MOBO), you just don't have a MOBO that supports a 166mhz
    FSB.

    Mark McKagan, May 18, 2004