    Something like taking power from the 12V molex on board and shorting
    the CPU fan (FAN1) jumper. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

    -Chris

    Chris Williams, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Chris Williams, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Usually there is thermal (wax) pad stuck to the heat sink, as you have
    initially incorrectly fitted the heatsink I would recommend cleaning this
    off with some alcohol and using some paste

    David Gaguine, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Chris Williams

    ranchhand Guest

    Be sure to use Thermal Grease or your CPU will overheat immediately
    and you will be back to your first problem again. Any reputable paste
    will work, just follow directions. Like David said, be sure to clean
    the bottom of the heatsink first, and any residue on the chip itself.

    ranchhand, Oct 8, 2003