AK72 and udma/66

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Marc, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Why is it not possible to run my HDD on UDMA/66?

    My system is:
    motherboard: AOpen AK72 KX133 R1.11
    CPU: Athlon 500
    memory: 1x128 1x256MB
    HDD: Maxtor 6L040J2 (40GB)

    The problem is:
    When I connect the HDD with a 40-pins cable, I get the information "Primary
    IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed".
    When I connect the HDD with a 80-pins cable, this information not appears
    but the follow mistake are happen:
    In the BIOS is all right, I can see the parameters from my HDD, they are
    correct.
    When I start my PC, and the PC are looking for the IDE-data, the HDD give
    some Chinese signs, in the next screen is it OK, the screen gives me "PRI.
    MASTER DISK LBA,ATA66,40029MB"

    But the PC sees no data on the HDD and WIN Xp will not start, they says:
    "DISK BOOT FAILURE".
    I change the 80-pins cable with another but it's the same fault.
    I change the 80-pins with a 40-pins cable and all is working very well but
    slowly and I get the message "there is no 80 conductor cable installed".

    Does anyone know my problem? Must I change BIOS parameters? Must I install
    some drivers or jumpers? I have looking at internet and manuals several
    times but I can't find anything about that.

    Is it a fault on my motherboard?

    Kind regards,

    Marc, Feb 19, 2004