    the fan for the chipset is not spinning.

    Will this cause my machine to freeze? (It always freeze on the windows
    logo).

    Malvin, Feb 11, 2004

  2. It is possible, however the VIA KT133A chipset does not require active
    cooling. A passive heatsink is usually sufficient.

    While you're in there, check your motherboard for bulging or leaking
    capacitors which plague many boards of that era.

    Michael J. Apollyon, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    Ok,will be getting another fan for the chipset and hopefully that is causing
    the problem.

    Just that when I got the board, the chipset fan came with it, so I assume
    its pretty important.

    Looked around the board, as fas I can see no signs of bulging or leaking.

    Malvin, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    Problem resolved.