    positive feedback on this board, but have yet to be impressed.

    Thanks,
    Heather

    Heather, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Heather

    John7 Guest

    Hello Heather,

    Some possible causes in order of probability:
    1. Mains cord connector fits loosly in power supply socket at the back.
    Try another mains cord.
    2. Power supply connector not properly seated into mainboard connector.
    There should be no gap between male and female power connectors.
    3. Reset button or its wires shorted.
    Try power up with reset unplugged.
    4. Power button or its wires shorted.
    Try power up by 'plug - unplug' power BUTTON connector to mainboard.
    5. Bad power supply
    Try a replacement.

    Tell us what you found.

    Hope this helps,
    John7

    John7, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Heather

    Kelly

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have this EXACT same problem. It drives me nuts!

    One week it will be fine then another it wont boot until I pull the power cord from out the back a few times. I think it may be the motherboard (which i only got 6 months ago). I have re-installed windows, new memory, new processor. new HDD. What else do i have to buy!

    It memory checks in BIOS but then nothing, it dosn't load/check the IDE drives, it just goes to a never-ending blank screen and monitor loses the signal.

    Any Ideas?

    Cheers,
    Kelly

    Kelly, Jun 24, 2006