Ak77-8xn "Inaccessible boot device" after flashing

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by anders, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. anders

    anders Guest

    Hello aopen users!

    I have a Aopen Ak77-8xn board. I used to run bios r1.13 and
    updated to the recently released r1.15.

    After rebboting the windows 2000 boot process starts and
    gives me a "inaccessible boot device" error and refuses
    to go further. Here comes the panic!

    I flash the bios back to the r1.13

    After hours of trying this and that i finaly went to
    the emergency console on my Windows 2000 Pro install CD.

    And running chkdsk c: /p /r fixes this issue.
    My system funktions as normal again with the
    old bios r1.13

    Is there a serious bug with release 1.15?
    Have any other had this problem?

    Anders

    anders, Oct 7, 2003

  2. anders

    Gonzalo Guest

    I have the some board and if i upgrade to version BIOS upper than 1.06, a
    lot of files corrupt in WinXP.

    I test all BIOS and i canĀ“t upgrade.

    I have a ATA133 Maxtor HardDrive 6L080J4. Someone have this model in
    AK77-8xn ?

    Gonzalo, Oct 8, 2003

  3. anders

    anders Guest

    My hardrive is a IBM Deskstar 180GXP 120GB with 2MB cache.

    It seems like some newer bioses from Aopen are dangerous to
    use. NOT GOOD! Aopen MUST fix this!

    Anders

    anders, Oct 8, 2003
  4. anders

    c Guest

    I have used several of these board in PC's I build for my customers and
    haven't run across that problem. The latest BIOS I have used though is 1.14.
    From what I see on their site, the only advantage to the 1.15 BIOS is the
    support of a 133 FSB Duron processor. the only thing I have run across with
    Win XP and BIOS updates is that if the memory timing is changed to a faster
    setting after flashing, XP gets real quirky. You might want to make sure
    that the memory timings in the BIOS are the same as before you flashed. I
    don't really know why XP does this, but it happened to me on a couple
    boards. One of them was an AOpen AK77-333 and the other one was a Biostar
    board, so I don't really think it is an AOpen problem as much as it is an XP
    problem.

    Chris

    c, Oct 9, 2003