AK778XN New Questions

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Ed_, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Ed_

    Ed_ Guest

    My apologies to Cobra for hijacking his thread. So far this is very stable and
    I have managed to find all of the up to date drivers from the website.

    Since this was a refurb there wasn't a driver package or an in/out plate. It
    came bare, in a brown box. No Problem, at least so far. I just have a few
    questions since I am a little uneasy with the Aopen bios having only worked with
    Asus boards.

    I had set the JP20 jumper to 166 and the board posted fine and saw the Barton as
    1833, no problem...but for some reason the v-core is only showing 1.6 instead of
    1.65.(SilentTek, bios, Sandra and Aida).

    Now I notice that the memory in the bios shows "manual setting". I would have
    expected it to show "automatic". Should this be auto?? Could this be why the
    v-core is low? The other voltages show low also. 12v+ shows 11.86 and the 5v
    shows 4.92.

    When I run memory benchmark tests in Sandra and Aida the memory read rate seem
    awful low. Could this be related to this manual setting.

    Sorry if this seems kind of stupid since the board posted right up and has been
    running just great otherwise for the last 5 days. I'm just confused with these
    bios settings and I don't feel good about not understanding them.

    One other question concerning the EZwinflash download. When I went to install
    it asked for a serial number. Should this be the serial number of the board or
    would there have been a serial number on the software on the disc (if I had
    one)??

    Here are the build specs:

    XP Pro SP1
    Motherboard / CPU AOpen AK77-8XN
    Via VT8377 Apollo KT 400
    512 Crucial 2700
    Realtek AC97 Via Audio
    AMD AthlonXP 2500 Barton 333FSB
    EVGA Gforce3-Ti-500 64mg
    WDC WD 400JB 40g Master
    Maxtor Diamondmax 9 160g Slave
    Enermax 317 Aluminum ATX Mid-tower
    W-Antec True Blue 480w PS
    Lite On 52x32x52 Black CDRW Drive LTR-52327S
    DVD|LITE ON 16X XJ-HD166

    TIA for your help,

    Ed

    Ed_, Nov 2, 2003