    can Bridge Mod CPU to get higher multi but I wonder if there's other
    way to do that, I don't want to mess with modding....

    Wizza

    Wizza, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Wizza

    J. Codling Guest

    (2083MHZ) @ 1.45V
    | rock stable with a temp of 38C at full load wich is good.
    But the
    | bios don't allow me to choose higher multi than that. I
    know that you
    | can Bridge Mod CPU to get higher multi but I wonder if
    there's other
    | way to do that, I don't want to mess with modding....
    |
    | Wizza

    You can only change the multiplier if you mod the L5
    bridges. Instead you can overclock with the front side bus
    speed. Just set your memory to stay at 166MHZ and change the
    CPU FSB to whatever you want. Make sure you know how to
    clear your CMOS if you run into trouble.

    This is the very basics of overclocking. I have the
    AK79D-400VN and an AMD 2500+ Barton @ 200MHz (3200+ speed)
    but am running my cheap and crappy memory at 166MHz in dual
    channel (won't do 200MHz in dual channel).

    http://www.jcodling.com/index.php?page=mycomps.php
    ---
    ttyl,

    CiRcUiT -=- J. Codling -=- www.jcodling.com

    *This message represents the official opinions of the voices
    in my head*

    J. Codling, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Wizza

    Wizza Guest

    Yeah but I heard that if you run memory asynchrone from FSB the memory
    performance is less than running synch so I'm not sure that this is a
    good idea...

    What I'll do is buy another DDR400 DIMM (Right Now I'm running 1*512
    PC2700 and 1*512 PC3200) to get the bus at 200MHZ on mem and on FSB to
    get higher speed.

    Wizza, Apr 7, 2004