    nort33 Guest

    I have to set the ram at 266 even though it is 333 I am using a xp1800 cpu
    running at default is this right.

    nort33, Nov 9, 2003

  2. nort33

    c Guest

    IT is not necessarily the board's fault for the RAM speed not being able to
    run where the memory is rated. Kingston Value RAM, and some others, are
    often not capable of running at their advertised speeds. It seems that
    conditions have to be perfect for this to happen. I have seen this problem
    with several brands of boards. AOpen has a web page of tested modules with
    their board here:

    http://swe.aopen.com.tw/testreport/mb/ListTestItem.asp?TestFunction=519&Model=757

    I almost always use either Crucial or Mushkin brand memory with the AOpen
    boards, and have yet to have the memory not run at the rated speed. Not
    saying that the board isn't the culprit, but it could also be the memory.

    Chris

    c, Nov 9, 2003

  3. nort33

    Stt Guest

    I forgot to mention I did indeed change the RAM module, but no luck. I sent
    the board back... Here's hoping, although I have good experiences with Aopen
    (holland) in replacing boards.

    Stt, Nov 10, 2003
  4. nort33

    c Guest

    Here in the States, they are very good about replacing boards. I've had 2
    replaced now, out of probably 300 or so boards of theirs that I have used
    for myself or my customers. Hopefully the situation is the same there.

    Good luck
    Chris

    c, Nov 10, 2003