AK79G-1394 chip speed settings

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Dale Albiston, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. Greetings

    Recently upgraded my system, new AK79G-1394 board with a Athlon 2600XP+, the
    manual mentions setting the CPU speed via the BIOS page

    'BIOS Setup -> Frequency/Voltage -> CPU Speed Setup'

    I can get as far as BIOS Setup -> Frequenct/Voltage' but the CPU speed
    option is missing, I cannot set the CPU Ratio either all I have are options
    to set the FSB (100 -> 200MHz) and the ram speed.

    I can get the system to think a Athlon 2000XP+ is in it with DDR333 Ram but
    no the 2600XP+ fitted. Natually it is running cooler...

    Oh yes and SilentTek doesn't work either, the software just bombs under
    WinXP.

    Otherwise OK but I'd like it to run faster.

    I've tried the on line manual which says the same as the printed one.

    I could U/G the BIOS but would this matter?

    The Manual lists the 2600XP+ as requiring a core frequency of 2.13GHz, and
    EV6 bus of 266MHz (the chip box from AMD says 333MHz)and a CPU ratio of 16x
    How do I set these? I have a bus of 133MHz otherwise the ram can't keep up
    under AUTO settings.

    I've played a bit but have to clear the CMOS every time I try and go faster
    than at present.

    Dale Albiston, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Dale Albiston

    R J L Guest

    I set mine (in the BIOS near the bottom) to 166 x 11.5 and it seems to run
    fairly stable, but I don't think that's as fast as I can go either, so I
    will be watching this post too for stable speed tips

    R J L, Jan 12, 2004