    working fine.

    Any idea what the high low alarm could mean, if not CPU temp? Thanks.

    , Apr 2, 2008

  2. Guest

    On Apr 2, 2:32 pm, wrote:
    > Hello, my AOpen AK86-L machine is giving the high low beep alarm for
    > no reason. It is running an Athlon XP 3200+ and BIOS 1.18. It
    > doesn't do this all the time.
    >
    > CPU temp is fine and I've tried installing different RAM. The machine
    > works fine while it is beeping, but it's disconcerting.
    >
    > I had a second AK86-L which had this problem much worse and eventually
    > died (won't even POST). Two other AK86-L machines that I have are
    > working fine.
    >
    > Any idea what the high low alarm could mean, if not CPU temp? Thanks.

    I think the CPU thermostat is dead. I disabled the CPU over temp
    alarm (which was at 60 and was not legitimately causing the alarm to
    go off) and it has not beeped since.

    A point of interest: If the beeping bothers you enough to unplug your
    PC Speaker from the motherboard, but you find the onboard speaker
    STILL beeps, a little dab of glue over its opening works nicely to
    quiet it down.

    , Apr 10, 2008