! ! ! ALERT ! ! ! ENERMAX front panel ref UC-A07FATR2 is reversed wired ! ! ! DANGEROUS ! ! !

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Zantafio, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Zantafio

    Zantafio Guest

    I just installed the ENERMAX front panel ref UC-A07FATR2 (Thermal control
    panel) including LCD and speed adjustment for two fans as well as IEEE 1394
    socket, two USB 2.0 a line in and a line out.

    This module comes with spare cables and an attached T-power supply
    cable/connector.

    ! ! ! ! ! ! The +5V and the +12 V are inverted ! ! ! ! ! !

    I didn't inspect the cable before connection. The result is that I fried my
    SCSI CD burner the T-power supply cable was connected to.

    This could be an isolated problem due to bad workmanship as well as a lot
    related one due to a bad drawing.

    As a recommendation: inspect all cables before mounting. If no idea of what
    should be the arrangement, just compare with other already mounted similar
    cables.

    Zantafio, Jul 3, 2003