    Anyone know what this message might mean?

    TIA

    Larry

    Larry, May 11, 2014

  2. Larry,

    I learned (a bit late unfortunately) that the best way to track this
    stuff down is to do a Google search on the error message.

    Do it as a direct quote, just like this: "Alert: Previous attempts in
    booting this system have failed at check point (00AE"

    When I tried that, it didn't work due to the specificity of my request,
    i.e. the (00AE so I dropped that and just ran it as "Alert: Previous
    attempts in booting this system have failed at check point"

    That returned a number of probable "hits", among them was this one:

    <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1937243>

    Take a look at this one and some of the others and likely you'll have
    the answer to your problem.

    Unquestionably Confused, May 11, 2014

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I did google the message as you recommended before I posted the problem in this group. However, I did not find anything specific to the checkpoint (00AE) reference.

    The message does not consistently appear when booting up and when it does it last for only a few seconds before it completes the booting process.

    Other than the occasional alert message concerning checkpoint (00AE), the desktop seems to be working fine.

    Larry

    Larry, May 16, 2014