    (doesn't support this card - too old).

    Can anyone tell me what exactly I'm looking for and how to get it?

    Thanks very much!

    Paul F. Smith, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Paul F. Smith

    Augustus Guest

    There are no AIW drivers to restore TV tuner and other related AIW
    functionality for this card under XP/2000. As you found out, there are
    drivers out there that allow the card to function as a video card. Purchase
    a new separate TV tuner card. Or create a new partition, make your system
    dual boot for Win98 and find an original set of ATI AIW Rage Pro 128 drivers
    for 95/98 and go from there with a 10+ year old card. Which is simpler?

    Augustus, Sep 22, 2007

  3. You need ATI MMC (Multi-Media Center) and related drivers. I would
    think it would still be available on the ATI web site, but you need an
    OLD version of it. I probably have it somewhere, but God knows were,
    and quite possibly only on a nearly decade old backup in a remote location.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Paul F. Smith

    Augustus Guest

    Given that the drivers he's using are for 2000/XP it's of no point for him
    to try. The AIW feature of this card will not work under 2000/XP.

    Augustus, Sep 23, 2007
  5. Thanks, all for the replies.

    It appears that this card is just too old.

    ATI does not offer software that will do what I want... at least
    not that I can find on their website. I've tried old versions of MMC
    and Catalyst and neither seem to work. I will probably go ahead
    and spring for an HD card now, anyway. I was hoping this card
    would work for a while just to see if I even like watching TV
    on my PC.

    Again, thanks!

    Paul F. Smith, Sep 23, 2007
  6. Paul F. Smith

    J. Clarke Guest

    He needs a version so old that it predates Windows 2000 and won't run
    [/QUOTE]

    J. Clarke, Sep 26, 2007
  7. I have an AIW128PRO(AGP). Have been using it with MMC 7.7 on W2k for many
    years. MMC 7.2 was the last version to claim full support for my card.

    Other than memory not really sure about the difference between standard and
    PRO. In some ways it seems the PRO may be closer to the original Radeon.
    AFAIK the PRO not supporting Gamma was the only functional difference.
    Anyway seems worth trying.

    I Googled ati.amd.com for MMC 7 and found nothing useful. The OP could try
    searching the net for it. The disc that comes with a standard 128 card would
    probably have MMC on it.

    Didn't look at it closely but this might be useful.
    http://www.xp-drivers.com/companies/4/127.htm

    I'd try MMC-7-6-noDVD.exe. If taht didn't work look for an older version.

    Good luck.

    Captain Midnight, Sep 27, 2007