All-In-Wonder 9700Pro or 9800Pro for new system?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Artur Leung, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Artur Leung

    Artur Leung Guest

    I am in the process of building a new system and would like to hear from
    other users on the compatibility of the AIW 9700Pro.

    Went to http://www.newegg.com and browsed through the user comments, and
    a couple people said that they could never get the video card to work,
    or there have been a lot of driver issues. How stable is the hardware
    and software/driver for the 9700Pro? Will there be any improvement on
    the AIW 9800Pro? Exactly what the differences are between the AIW
    9700Pro and 9800 Pro?

    Proposed system:
    Asus P4C800-E
    Intel P4 2.4 or 2.8GHz w/ 800MHz FSB
    1GB PC3200 DDR Memory
    120GB SATA HD
    Windows XP Pro.

    Your comment/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

    Artur Leung, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Artur Leung

    Ron Shaw Guest

    Amen 2 that, i not only record to dvd 3rd rock, gunsmoke & stargate but also
    use it to monitor/record output from my x10 cameras outside. fantastic pix
    quality (better then my gf ti4200 but my 3dmark01 is over 17,xxx, 3dmark03
    trigger cameras(motion detection)
    --

    lost most use of my fingers & hands, so bear with me pleqase,it hurts like
    hell 2 type.

    -
    Ron Shaw

    I Am a Criminal created by the US Government
    A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
    I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.
    See - http://rtshaw.freeyellow.com/

    Ron Shaw, Jul 13, 2003