    I'm guessing it's a bad card, anyone have any other solutions?

    Thanks,
    Brian

    RENTonBroadway, Aug 11, 2003

  2. RENTonBroadway

    patrickp Guest

    Probably a bad card, but AFAIK Dells often have small PSUs - high end cards
    now need a fair bit of power themselves.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Aug 12, 2003

  3. RENTonBroadway

    Russell Guest

    The card is bad. I sell systems with an option for the AIW 9800PRO and I
    had to RMA 2 of them 2 weeks ago for identical behavior. I think there was
    a batch of them that had faulty slot contacts. I heard that Newegg suffered
    the luck of the draw and received a lot of these faulty cards from ATI, many
    of them being RMA'd. Did you get yours from Newegg by any chance,
    particularly as an "open box" special?

    Russell
    http://tastycomputers.com

    Russell, Aug 12, 2003
  4. RENTonBroadway

    Dirk Puslich Guest

    Sounds like your card is toast. ATI support is useless so don't bother.

    Dirk Puslich, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Hey Russell,

    Thanks for the post. I purchased mine from PC Connection. I'm glad to hear
    I'm not the only one who has had this problem. I'll give them a call and get
    this returned and replace it for a new one. Hopefully it'll work this time!!

    FYI - to those who replyed, I forgot to mention that it is plugged into the
    power supply as well.

    Thanks,
    Brian

    RENTonBroadway, Aug 12, 2003
  6. I just installed mine tonight and the first thing that I noticed was there
    was a couple of small bars on the Windows XP logo. Then when I actually got
    into Windows and installed the drivers there was a lot of color banding on
    mine as well. There were like some yellow lines and they were not always in
    the same place. It seems I am suffering the same fate. I bought my card at
    CompUSA. I guess I will be taking it back tomorrow for a new one. This
    just sucks. Hopefully I don't have to go back a second time.

    Frank

    Frank Allotta, Aug 12, 2003
  7. RENTonBroadway

    Dirk Puslich Guest

    Sounds like bad cars, but just in case make sure you also disable
    on-board video in the BIOS, if your motherboard has a built in video
    card. Also make sure the connector is on nice and tight and screwed
    in.

    Dirk Puslich, Aug 12, 2003
  8. RENTonBroadway

    patrickp Guest

    The fact that it's plugged into your power supply makes no difference if the
    PSU's not up to it, Brian.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Aug 12, 2003