    connection versus the standard 15 pin VGA?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeffrey Helfter, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Jeffrey Helfter

    JD Guest

    It would be up to 125 analog channels. My cable provider sends channels in
    analog up to about station 50 but then the rest above that are all digital.
    So you would need to have a tuner capable of getting digital OR you would
    need a digital box connected to your tuner and just set the tuner to channel
    3 or use the s-video in. I am not sure if a tv tuner exists yet that can do
    digital? I would think it wouldn't take too long because it kinda sucks now
    not being able to just sit at the computer and bring up every station like I
    used to before digital. (I cannot just pretend the digital stations do not
    exist hehe).

    JD, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Jeffrey Helfter

    - Guest

    There are a few DVB-S, DVB-T cards that can do digital, I saw one from
    germany and the result is way better than AIW cards can do, and they cost
    much less than AIW9800 Pro cards as well.

    Here in Sweden we have systems with decoder boxes for satellite and
    terristial digital TV. There exists also card readers for PC systems as
    well, then we are very close to a perfect TV world...

    A decent graphics card, a Digital tuner card and a "digital subscription"
    card reader (with subscription) and the real HTPC is very close. Enjoy!!!

    / J

    -, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Jeffrey Helfter

    J. Clarke Guest

    There is a version of the Dvico Fusion HDTV board that can decode QAM,
    allowing it to handle some digital cable. Go over to AVSforum and read up
    on the results people are having with it before you buy though. The HDTV
    Wonder hardware is apparently also able to do this but it is my
    understanding that that feature is not yet supported in the software.

    J. Clarke, Aug 16, 2004