    I'm going crazy here! Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Reuben

    Reuben King, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Reuben King

    Wes Newell Guest

    Power supply would be my first suspect.

    Wes Newell, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Reuben King

    Nitza666 Guest

    PSU is dying

    Nitza666, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Reuben King

    Reuben King Guest

    Okay, I am wondering the same -- but here's how it goes down:

    I got the system running fine on a single CPU.. I shut down, install
    the 2nd CPU, power up and load XP in safe mode.. New processor is
    detected, install runs fine, prompt to restart, I do so -- then the
    system is immediately fucked as soon as it tries to boot Windows.

    Next, I boot off of the install CD and when it gets to the point where
    it displays the partitions and asks which one to install onto, my boot
    partition and possibly other partitions are listed as "Unknown" .. And
    indeed they are f*cked up because I power-down and go back to a single
    CPU and run chkdsk and there are indeed errors and general f*cked-upness
    present..

    #$*@#%&@$*%@&[email protected]*$#&[email protected]*#@#&*[email protected]!!!!!!

    Reuben King, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Reuben King

    rstlne Guest

    Okay, I am wondering the same -- but here's how it goes down:
    like he said
    sounds like the power supply
    heh

    rstlne, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Reuben King

    Reuben King Guest

    Yeah I've been thinking the same thing lately (partly because I've
    eliminated every other variable) -- but I don't understand how a bad
    PSU could contribute to a hard drive becoming corrupted... System
    freezing, sure, thats easy to understand as a psu problem.. ???

    Reuben King, Aug 22, 2003
  7. Reuben King

    CiRcUiT Guest

    The HDD's need power to read and write to the drive and if it is writing
    when the power gets flakey, then the write to the disk is screwed, hence,
    screwed drives. Since it is only when you have both CPUs in there then that
    points toward a power problem.

    Try a good new PSU of sufficient wattage for your system.

    CiRcUiT, Aug 22, 2003
  8. Reuben King

    rstlne Guest

    Yeah I've been thinking the same thing lately (partly because I've
    eliminated every other variable) -- but I don't understand how a bad
    PSU could contribute to a hard drive becoming corrupted... System
    freezing, sure, thats easy to understand as a psu problem.. ???[/QUOTE]

    It would be like (to me at least) an issue where maybee the ram isnt getting
    enough power to keep the levels charged and your getting corrupted data,
    then that's pushed back on the drive and it's corrupt.. that's how I would
    imagine it happening but if your not getting enough power for the system to
    run then it could be anything writing the bad data

    rstlne, Aug 22, 2003