    or is the 2600 a new style of CPU?

    Thanks in Advance,
    Dean.

    Dean & Monika, May 26, 2004

  2. BTW if I am overclocking or underclocking, it is purely accidental. Any
    ideas of what they should be running at?
    Dean.

    Dean & Monika, May 26, 2004

  3. XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred) (133 MHz x 15,0 = 2000 MHz)
    XP 2600+ (Barton) (166 MHz x 11,5 = 1917 MHz)

    Peter Strömberg, May 26, 2004
  4. Dean & Monika

    Donwo Guest

    The XP2600+ must be a Barton core which runs at a FSB of 166.66 mhz
    with a multiplier of 11.5, which results in a CPU running at 1917 mhz.
    AMD decided that the 512k cache on the Barton made overall performance
    equivalent to the XP2600+ Thoroubred core which runs at 2133 mhz.
    Both your XP2600+ and XP2400+ speeds appear to be correct.
    Donwo

    Donwo, May 26, 2004
  5. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
    Regards,