    can i just change up or is it not that simple
    computer is a TIME and about 4 years old
    thanks the budd

    budda, Mar 30, 2005

  2. budda

    Rubbie Guest

    Who told you THAT!? Your system can easily take on broadband mate :). I have
    a amd 1333 as well, and a broadband connection 8/1 ADSL (before that I had
    cable) and it's running just fine, even my old Pentium 200 Mhz could keep up
    with the speed....

    Rubbie (from the Netherlands)

    PS: Don't post your question 3 times please :)

    Rubbie, Mar 30, 2005

  3. budda

    Doughnut Guest

    Requirements for broadband 2000cpu or better! complete hogwash , a load of
    bull. If your PC is ok now for what you want you certainly dont need to
    upgrade the cpu from 1333mhz just to use broadband. My mate using a
    P3800mhz on his.

    doughnut

    Doughnut, Mar 30, 2005
  4. budda

    rstlne Guest

    You shouldnt use the ISP's software.
    You should simply connect using microsofts basic network drivers, or via the
    usb drivers. "any" pc that can use a 10/100 network card or has a usb1.1
    port shouldnt have any trouble.

    rstlne, Mar 31, 2005
  5. budda

    Buck Guest

    With the other guys 100% here - unless there is a specific instructio
    set or operating system that is required, you'll get by. Give it a tr
    before you decide to upgrade or buy new and it will cost you nowt. A P
    will always try and execute compatible programs, and often the 'syste
    requirements' can be taken with a pinch of salt; in reality if interne
    software required a 2GHz processor to run, then that piece of softwar
    would be pretty inefficient..

    Up until a few months ago, I did a heck of a lot of computer work on
    K6-III+ CPU, running at 550MHz. This was running XP as well as 98se an
    had 256MB of RAM..this system by today's standards is a dinosaur, but
    tell you this my friend apart from heavy games or CAD apps, I didn'
    have a reason not to use it. I used internet, DVD-burning
    image-editing and spreadsheets and the machine was stable an
    reasonably fast.

    The one thing I would say, is make sure you have enough memory
    operating systems and the applications that run on top of them, requir
    ever-large amounts of RAM and no matter how fast or slow your PC, th
    moment you starve that machine is the moment is crawls along at
    snail's pace (it will use the slower hard drive as memory). The har
    drive if slow or fragmented will also drag performance down and al
    your drivers should be checked so that they are up-to-date.

    You have a very usable system there, a powerful CPU for what you wan
    to do :)

    p.s. A good security investment to keep in mind with broadband, is
    software or hardware firewall.

    Buck, Apr 4, 2005