AMD 2.4 Ghz VS Intel 2.4 Ghz... What To buy ????

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Michael, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hiya...

    A friend is about to buy some hardware to build a new gaming machine. The
    two choices are (both about the same exact price):

    AMD SYSTEM

    CPU: AMD 4600 + X2 AM2 2.4 Ghz
    Mainboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI
    Memory: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048mb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Mem (2 x
    1024)
    Vid Card: GeForce 7950 GT 512

    INTEL SYSTEM

    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 775 2.4 Ghz
    Mainboard: ASUS P5W DH Delux
    Memory: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048mb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Mem (2 x
    1024)
    Vid Card: GeForce 7950 GT 512

    Which of the two systems would be a better gaming machine ????

    Thanx in advance !!!

    Michael

    Michael, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Michael

    Paul Guest

    In article <eB94h.24$>, "Michael" <>
    wrote:

    > Hiya...
    >
    > A friend is about to buy some hardware to build a new gaming machine. The
    > two choices are (both about the same exact price):
    >
    > AMD SYSTEM
    >
    > CPU: AMD 4600 + X2 AM2 2.4 Ghz
    > Mainboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI
    > Memory: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048mb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Mem (2 x
    > 1024)
    > Vid Card: GeForce 7950 GT 512
    >
    > INTEL SYSTEM
    >
    > CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 775 2.4 Ghz
    > Mainboard: ASUS P5W DH Delux
    > Memory: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048mb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Mem (2 x
    > 1024)
    > Vid Card: GeForce 7950 GT 512
    >

    > Which of the two systems would be a better gaming machine ????
    >
    > Thanx in advance !!!
    >
    > Michael

    Intel.

    http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=432&model2=467&chart=168

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Michael

    Dylan C Guest

    Michael wrote:
    > Hiya...
    >
    > A friend is about to buy some hardware to build a new gaming machine. The
    > two choices are (both about the same exact price):
    >
    > AMD SYSTEM
    >
    > CPU: AMD 4600 + X2 AM2 2.4 Ghz
    > Mainboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI
    > Memory: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048mb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Mem (2 x
    > 1024)
    > Vid Card: GeForce 7950 GT 512
    >
    > INTEL SYSTEM
    >
    > CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 775 2.4 Ghz
    > Mainboard: ASUS P5W DH Delux
    > Memory: Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048mb PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Mem (2 x
    > 1024)
    > Vid Card: GeForce 7950 GT 512
    >

    > Which of the two systems would be a better gaming machine ????
    >
    > Thanx in advance !!!
    >
    > Michael

    THe intel is faster, but the amd looks to be ~$80 cheaper. I doubt that
    there would be a noticeably different feel to either, in which case I
    would pick the AMD. But if its in your budget and you want the fastest
    you can afford, go Intel.

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Nov 8, 2006