Amd 2400 run 55c in Australia now 23c ambinet ?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by We Live For The One We Die For The One, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. This is even with the case side off and a 120 mm fan blowing in on the
    front ?

    Its an Vantec AreoFlow cpu cooler and it seems way to noisy at the
    momment its running at 4100 rpm not sure if this is right or not.

    I can remeber when i got it was quiet as, it seemed to lower its RPM
    as well and beome more quiet now its stuck at 4100 and wont budge, or
    was that my imagination ?

    I think i will ahve to take it off and reaply the thermal paste give
    it an oil and hope for the best :(

    becuase i cant stand the noise anymore its getting to be as noisy as
    my Volcano 7 i replaced.

    I would place a fan controler on my CPU cooler but whats the point if
    its running full speed and only keeping my PC CPU temp at 55 60c
    lowing the rpm will not be any good.

    Oh well anyone recommdend a better cooler, quiet one but cools
    decently ?

    Thanks.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Apr 25, 2004

  2. I knocked it down to 1.5ghz and still its noisy the CPU temp is now 45
    with the case side off ambient temp 22c, CPu rpm is still at 4100
    though, i thin its time for a new cpu cooler.

    Maybe one of those silent boost coolers seen some good reviews.

    See ya.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Apr 25, 2004

    Alun Harford Guest

    Well within acceptable thermal limits, but noise is annoying.

    Alun Harford

    Alun Harford, Apr 25, 2004

    Bruce Tyler Guest

    Well,, the ambient temperature vs CPU temperature ratio seems about
    right when compared to mine anyway.. Right now in my room, it is 20
    degC (told by a laboratory tested and calibrated thermometer) and my
    CPU is 50 degC, and m/b is 28deg as told by Aida32.. I have a standard
    AMD heatsink with a GlobalWin 5000rpm 80mm fan ontop.. The stock
    standard heatsink is less than desirable but if you have a better one
    and the temps are up then you may want to take ooff the fan and clean
    the heatsink fins with a brush to get out the dust which does collect
    in there. You may as well clean out the fan baldes too while you're at
    it... This alone will drop the temps by a good few deg's...

    Also, bear in mind that some temperature sensors or at least the
    method by which they are used, can be less than accurate, depending on
    which m/b you have and which program gives you the readings...

    Bruce Tyler, Apr 25, 2004

    Wes Newell Guest

    Maybe a new TMD fan for it, but I suspect there's more to it than that.
    Dust clogged fins, thermal compound, etc. I'd take it completely off,
    clean it good and reinsall it.

    Wes Newell, Apr 25, 2004

    John Guest

    Is the core voltage at the standard (1.65V I think)? If this was
    left high after a round of trying to overclock it would run hot.
    They work well. Case temp 24, CPU 36, for an XP2500+.

    However I suspect your heatsink is full of dust. Heatsinks with
    closely spaced fins tend to pack full of dust fairly quickly. You
    can clean them with a can of presurized air (take the fan off
    first as spinning them with the air can damage them). I haven't
    heard of thermal compound going bad, but if you have bumped the
    heatsink it could affect the thermal join.

    I would suggest remove it, clean it, then replace it with some
    good thermal compound (I use Artic Silver Ceramique).

    John, Apr 26, 2004
  7. I will just get one of those ThermalTake Silent Boost CPU cooler heard
    some good reviews about it.

    And yes iam running my corvoltage at 1.65.

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Apr 26, 2004

    Bushy Guest

    just thought i'd chip in. i've got a 2500xp running at 11*200 on an
    a7n8x-dlx, using the stock fan and heatsink. According to MBM, the case temp
    is 25C and the diode is 42C. i've had the temps on really hot days here in
    melbourne up around 55C...but htat is like 35C+ ambient. just thought i'd
    give you some reference point. oh, and i have no case fans.

    Bushy, Apr 27, 2004
  9. You got air con in your home ?

    I think thats my prob everyone who says there got lower temps have air
    con ?

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Apr 28, 2004

    Bushy Guest

    not in the slightest. in fact, i'm upstairs. when it cracks 35 i just don't
    use the nerd box.

    Bushy, Apr 29, 2004

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Are you sure you're reading the right sensor? Have a look at MBM5's site, it
    has instructions for different mobos. I was reading the wrong one 'til I
    checked for instructions specific to my mobo. 10°C higher than I thought!

    I can't remember the URL but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

    ~misfit~, May 1, 2004