    Any clues....

    TIA

    JL

    JL, Sep 15, 2007

  2. JL schreef op 15-9-2007 :
    The 4-pin ATX connector is requiered for the CPU, it supllies extra
    electrical power.

    André

    André, PE1PQX, Sep 15, 2007

  3. JL

    peter Guest

    Give us the name of the mobo...Cpu.....power supply.....RAM...parts
    connected
    peter

    peter, Sep 15, 2007
  4. JL

    Paul Guest

    Verify the wiring for the 2x2 ATX12V connector.

    In your motherboard manual, there may be a picture of the 2x2, labeling
    which two pins are +12V and which two pins are GND.

    On the power supply, the ATX12V 2x2 has two yellow wires for 12V and
    two black wires for GND.

    When you go to plug them together, make sure that the side of the connector
    with the two yellow wires, is going to pins on the motherboard which
    were labeled in the manual as being 12V pins.

    Occasionally, a power supply will be wired wrong.

    Another potential fault, is a user can slide the 4 pin section off the
    20+4 connector, and accidentally plug that 4 pin section, into the
    ATX12V holes. You'll know you have the wrong one in that case, by
    observing that the wires are four different colors. The proper
    connector for the 12V mobo connector, should have two yellow and
    two black.

    In the case of some Biostar motherboards, the 12V rail on the ATX12V 2x2
    is actually joined to the main ATX connector. For one of those boards,
    the motherboard may actually start and run, using nothing but the main
    connector. This is, in my opinion, a design mistake. For most other brands
    of motherboards, the ATX12V 2x2 and the main power connector are isolated
    from one another. The ATX12V 2x2 is used to power the processor, and that
    is why the computer will not normally POST, without that one installed.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 15, 2007
  5. JL

    JL Guest

    Thanks guys,

    Especially to Paul...he nailed it. The plug was incorrectly wired. All
    sorted and now running normally...

    Many thanks...

    Jim

    JL, Sep 15, 2007
  6. JL

    Arno Wagner Guest

    As the manual of tha mainboard boubtless tells you, you absolutely
    have to.
    Broken board or PSU? Or underpowered PSU?

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 16, 2007