AMD Alchemy Au1550 development board

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Roman Mashak, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Roman Mashak

    Roman Mashak Guest

    Hello, All!

    I've started to work with development board designed by AMD. this board
    has MIPS32 based CPU. I've been searching through the provided
    documentation but could not find the information about how to write the
    image into flash memory of board.
    Currently I'm porting the Linux into this board and using NFS/TFTP
    scenario, so kernel is loaded into RAM and file system is NFS-mounted. It
    all works...
    As I understood after reading the documentation on bootloader (YAMON) I
    should:
    1) prepare the flash area using the 'erase' command.....
    2) download image into RAM of board (using the 'load' command)
    3) 'fill' command fills the specified area with data

    But I'm not sure about this procedure, so I ask the help in this
    conference for anyone who had experience of working with this development
    board.

    Thanks in advance.

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail:

    Roman Mashak, Jul 12, 2004