    2000???

    Loosing it now tried everything so going back to basics lol

    Carl

    Carl T Boylin, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Carl T Boylin

    iTsMeMa Guest

    Two things come to mind here,
    1. FSB
    2. Multiplier

    Your FSB should be set to 133 (check bios and /or switches or jumpers as
    required by your board)
    The default multiplier for an XP2000 is12.5 Check that setting as well.
    I can only surmise you have your sys currently set at 12 (multi) X 100 (FSB)
    Should this be the quick and easy fix, I believe you'll be laughing!

    Regards,

    Garry.

    iTsMeMa, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Carl T Boylin

    Sunbow Guest

    your settings should be 133MHz FSB @ 12.5x multiplier with 1.6v core. the
    board has probably defaulted to a `safe` speed for XP processors. the bios
    should have a default setting for XP2000 chips.

    Sunbow, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Carl T Boylin

    Wes Newell Guest

    Clear cmos, reboot. If it boots at 1200Mhz, go into bios and set FSB to
    133MHz, save and reboot. It should then boot as 2000+ or 1666MHz.

    Wes Newell, Feb 10, 2004