AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 - Zalman 9500CNPS LED or AMD Stock heatpipe cooler?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Glzmo, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. Glzmo

    Glzmo Guest

    Hello everyone!

    I have just ordered an Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor and am wondering which
    cooler to use. I have been using a Zalman 9500CNPS LED heatpipe cooler on my
    current processor for around a year now and have been happy with it.
    However, the FX-60 comes with a stock heatpipe cooler of it's own, so the
    question is, which one to use?
    Which one has better cooling performance, which one is quieter? The slightly
    dated Zalman 9500CNPS LED looks better, that's for sure, but is it enough to
    tame the FX-60 beast? The Zalman website states it works with all AMD Athlon
    64 models including FX, yet they aren't explicitly stating it's working with
    the FX-60.
    I have been googling around to find a test that compares the two with the
    CPU, but haven't been able to find anything conclusive.
    Has anybody had any experience with an FX-60 and any of the two coolers or
    ideally both? Would you mind sharing it?

    Here is a shot of the stock AMD heatpipe cooler:
    http://www.computerbase.de/bild/article/527/24

    And one of the Zalman 9500CNPS LED:
    http://mcs.pc.pl/shop_img/zalman/9500_s_p.jpg

    Thanks in advance,

    Glzmo

    Glzmo, Jun 5, 2006

  2. Glzmo

    Scotter Guest

    I'm using two of those Zalman CNPS 9500's in this case and they work GREAT.
    Cool and quiet.

    --
    Scotter
    Tyan Thunder K8WE