AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+ only runs at 1.40GHz??

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by BUGS, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. BUGS

    BUGS Guest

    I just bought a new computer. I ran Sandra and found out that it is
    running slower than I expected. Here are the results. Notice that it
    says the prcessor speed is 1.4 Ghz. That should be 2.17 Ghz, correct?

    Is the computer set up improperly? Thanks in advance for any help.

    SiSoftware Sandra

    Test Status
    NUMA Support : No
    SMP Test : No
    Total Test Threads : 1
    SMT Test : No
    Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
    Processor Affinity : No
    Number of Runs : 64000 / 640

    Processor
    Model : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+
    Speed : 1.40GHz
    Model Number : 2700 (estimated)
    Performance Rating : PR2030 (estimated)
    Type : Standard
    L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte
    line size)

    Chipset 1
    Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400 CPU to PCI Bridge
    Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

    Features
    SSE2 Technology : No
    SSE3 Technology : No
    HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : No

    Performance Tips
    Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
    Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life'
    performance.
    Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the
    same version!
    Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for
    more information about the tip.

    BUGS, Jan 1, 2004

  2. BUGS

    Erik Alvar Guest

    Sounds like you need to make some bios adjustments.

    133fsb * 10.5 multiplier = 1.4ghz

    Your multiplier is wrong.

    Erik Alvar, Jan 1, 2004

  3. BUGS

    Wes Newell Guest

    If you can believe this, then you have a 2700+ Tbred. It should be set to
    a 13 multiplier and a 166MHz FSB. Should boot at `2166MHz. the same as my
    2100+ set at 13x166.
    [[email protected] wes]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 6
    model : 8
    model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2700+
    stepping : 1
    cpu MHz : 2166.283
    cache size : 256 KB

    Wes Newell, Jan 1, 2004
  4. BUGS

    x1010xyz Guest

    Thanks! You were right. I fixed it and now I get the right result.

    Processor
    Model : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+
    Speed : 2.17GHz
    Model Number : 2700 (estimated)
    Performance Rating : PR3142 (estimated)
    Type : Standard
    L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte
    line size)

    Chipset 1
    Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400 CPU to PCI Bridge
    Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 167MHz (334MHz data rate)