    have in the computer.

    Thanks
    Mary

    Mary, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Mary

    Wes Newell Guest

    You're not going to get a lot more performance out of a CPU upgrade alone.
    I'd either increase the clockspeed of the one you have or buy a new socket
    754 MB (with PCI lock) and a socket 754 cpu of your choice. The 754
    Semprons will overclock like crazy if you want to stay cheap. Don't even
    consider a socket A Sempron CPU for your board.

    Wes Newell, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Mary

    Wes Newell Guest

    See Sempron in link below.

    Wes Newell, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Mary

    Mary Guest

    Thanks you Wes. Going to check out what the costs are now.

    Mary

    Mary, Oct 18, 2004